Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Audra - Miss Florida results

To all you wonderful friends...

I have to tell you that I am just overwhelmed at the good wishes and lovely comments regarding my daughter Audra's Miss Florida adventure. I feel so privileged to work with so many caring supportive people.

Although Audra did not place (VERY tough competition, with literally 43 gorgeous, smart, talented and community service oriented young women...not to mention the bodies) she had the time of her life, learned a lot, won some small scholarships and got $200 Michael Kors sunglasses from the "Most Beautiful Eyes" people! She absolutely loved the girl who won, so if you have to lose, it helps to be happy for the winner. I was so proud of her graciousness in face of the disappointment (I was definately more disappointed than her. Mainly she wanted a cheeseburger and a beer. ) She is back in Orlando, going to summer school, waitressing and doing an internship at a local TV station. She is booked solid with appearances as Miss UCF and will graduate in December. So, she is happy, therefore, her dad and I are too.

Again, my heartfelt thanks to all of you. Your e-mails brought tears to my eyes.
Vicki

No comments: